We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Hellaby is a village in Rotherham
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Hellaby
- Parish/Community: Hellaby
- Unitary Authority: Rotherham
- Region: Yorkshire and The Humber
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 53°25'21"N 1°14'26"W
- Eastings/Northings: 450553, 392043
- OS Grid: SK505920
- Mapcode Local: GBR MXSV.5R
- Mapcode Global: WHDDL.X7BC
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Hellaby within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Hellaby in the Domesday Book
A village in Strafforth hundred,
in the county of Yorkshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alsi son of Karski
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Roger of Bully
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Roger of Bully
- Taxable Value: 4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £8 in 1066; £6 in 1086
- Households: 13 villagers; 18 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 5 lord's ploughs; 18 men's ploughs (6 plough lands)
- Woodland: 16 furlongs
- Mills: 3, value 16 shillings