We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Hele is a hamlet in Somerset
- Parish/Community: Bradford-on-Tone
- District/Borough: Taunton Deane
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°0'45"N 3°9'37"W
- Eastings/Northings: 318689, 124326
- OS Grid: ST186243
- Mapcode Local: GBR LY.JK50
- Mapcode Global: FRA 468F.NK6
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Hele within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Hele in the Domesday Book
A village in Taunton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Aldred
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Alfred the butler (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1070; £4 in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 7 smallholders; 4 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 10 acres
- Woodland: 15 acres
- Mills: 1, value 10 shillings
- Animals in 1086: 5 pigs; 1 cob