We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Harby is a village in Nottinghamshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Harby
- District/Borough: Newark and Sherwood
- County: Nottinghamshire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 53°13'39"N 0°41'1"W
- Eastings/Northings: 487969, 370879
- OS Grid: SK879708
- Mapcode Local: GBR DL6.MZ0
- Mapcode Global: WHGJ3.G4ND
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Harby within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Harby in the Domesday Book
A village in Newark hundred,
in the county of Nottinghamshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Godwin
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Bishop of Lincoln
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Bishop of Lincoln
- Taxable Value: 3⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1066; £1 in 1086
- Households: 5 villagers
- Plough Teams: 2 men's ploughs (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 12 acres
- Woodland: 1⁄2 league