We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Harbourneford is a hamlet in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: South Brent
- District/Borough: South Hams
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°26'45"N 3°48'31"W
- Eastings/Northings: 271673, 62240
- OS Grid: SX716622
- Mapcode Local: GBR QD.MC9P
- Mapcode Global: FRA 27XW.211
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Harbourneford within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Harbourneford in the Domesday Book
A village in Diptford hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William of Falaise
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Reginald (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 8 shillings in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 2 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 men's plough (4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 2 acres
- Woodland: 4 acres