We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Hanwood is a village in Shropshire
- Built-Up Area: Hanwood
- Parish/Community: Great Hanwood
- Unitary Authority: Shropshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°40'47"N 2°49'49"W
- Eastings/Northings: 343955, 309442
- OS Grid: SJ439094
- Mapcode Local: GBR BF.47VM
- Mapcode Global: WH8BS.HWDZ
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Hanwood within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Hanwood in the Domesday Book
A village in Reweset hundred,
in the county of Shropshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Edric the wild
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Roger son of Corbet
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Roger son of Corbet
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1066; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 2 smallholders; 5 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1⁄2 lord's plough; 2 1⁄2 men's ploughs (4 plough lands)