We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Handley is a hamlet in Derbyshire
- Parish/Community: Stretton
- District/Borough: North East Derbyshire
- County: Derbyshire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 53°9'7"N 1°26'26"W
- Eastings/Northings: 437505, 361799
- OS Grid: SK375617
- Mapcode Local: GBR 6B6.GKL
- Mapcode Global: WHDFV.V14F
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Handley within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Handley in the Domesday Book
A village in Scarsdale hundred,
in the county of Derbyshire.
Two manors recorded in Domesday.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Godric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Leofwin of Aston
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Leofwin of Aston
- Taxable Value: 7⁄8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1066; £1 in 1086
- Households: 4 villagers; 2 smallholders; 2 freemen
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 3 1⁄2 men's ploughs (1 plough land)
- Meadow: 2 acres
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Raven of Winster
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Sedret
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Sedret
- Taxable Value: 1⁄8 geld