We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Hanchurch is a village in Staffordshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Swynnerton
- District/Borough: Stafford
- County: Staffordshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°58'9"N 2°13'39"W
- Eastings/Northings: 384806, 341351
- OS Grid: SJ848413
- Mapcode Local: GBR M7Z.C3
- Mapcode Global: WHBCZ.RMDJ
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Hanchurch within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Hanchurch in the Domesday Book
A village in Pirehill hundred,
in the county of Staffordshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Pata
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Richard the forester
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Richard the forester
- Taxable Value: 3⁄8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 5 shillings in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 7 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 1⁄2 men's ploughs (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 1 acre
- Woodland: 2 furlongs