We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Hampen is a hamlet in Gloucestershire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Shipton
- District/Borough: Cotswold
- County: Gloucestershire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°52'38"N 1°55'8"W
- Eastings/Northings: 405673, 219869
- OS Grid: SP056198
- Mapcode Local: GBR 3P2.7N3
- Mapcode Global: VHB1Z.P2CM
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Hampen within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Hampen in the Domesday Book
A village in Wacrescumbe hundred,
in the county of Gloucestershire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Pin
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Archbishop of York
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Ansger (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1066; 10 shillings in 1086
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough