We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Halsway is a settlement in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Crowcombe
- District/Borough: West Somerset
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°7'48"N 3°15'6"W
- Eastings/Northings: 312500, 137500
- OS Grid: ST125375
- Mapcode Local: GBR LV.900G
- Mapcode Global: VH6GX.LV7K
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Halsway within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Halsway in the Domesday Book
A village in Williton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Roger of Courseulles
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Alric (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 3⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1070; £1 in 1086
- Households: 4 villagers; 1 smallholder; 3 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 1⁄2 lord's ploughs; 1 1⁄2 men's ploughs (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 3 acres
- Pasture: 400 acres