We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Hailey is a village in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Hoddesdon
- Parish/Community: Broxbourne, unparished area
- District/Borough: Broxbourne
- County: Hertfordshire
- Region: Eastern
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°46'43"N 0°0'51"W
- Eastings/Northings: 537084, 210766
- OS Grid: TL370107
- Mapcode Local: GBR KC0.H5R
- Mapcode Global: VHGPP.PKS7
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Hailey within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Hailey in the Domesday Book
A village in Hertford hundred,
in the county of Hertfordshire.
- Overlord in 1066: Earl Harold
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Wulfwin of Eastwick
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Geoffrey of Bec
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Geoffrey of Bec
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £4 in 1066; 10 shillings in 1070; £1 10/- in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 2 smallholders; 3 cottagers; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1⁄2 men's plough (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 1 plough
- Woodland: 50 pigs