We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Gubblecote is a hamlet in Hertfordshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Tring Rural
- District/Borough: Dacorum
- County: Hertfordshire
- Region: Eastern
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°49'38"N 0°41'18"W
- Eastings/Northings: 490486, 215126
- OS Grid: SP904151
- Mapcode Local: GBR F47.DS4
- Mapcode Global: VHFRP.0BXG
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Gubblecote within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Gubblecote in the Domesday Book
A village in Tring hundred,
in the county of Hertfordshire.
- Overlord in 1066: Engelric the priest
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Edeva
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Fulcwald (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1066; £1 10/- in 1070; £1 10/- in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 2 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1⁄2 men's plough (1 1⁄2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 2 ploughs
- Mills: 1, value 12/2½