We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Greenham is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Stawley
- District/Borough: Taunton Deane
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°58'26"N 3°18'51"W
- Eastings/Northings: 307828, 120235
- OS Grid: ST078202
- Mapcode Local: GBR LR.LVKN
- Mapcode Global: FRA 36YJ.NNM
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Greenham within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Greenham in the Domesday Book
A village in Milverton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Bretel de Sancto Claro (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; 15 shillings in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 2 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1⁄2 men's plough (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 3 acres
- Woodland: 10 acres
- Pasture: 3 acres
- Mills: 1, value 5 shillings
- Animals in 1086: 12 cattle; 7 pigs