We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Gothers is a settlement in Cornwall
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: St. Dennis
- Unitary Authority: Cornwall
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°23'27"N 4°51'51"W
- Eastings/Northings: 196500, 58500
- OS Grid: SW965585
- Mapcode Local: GBR ZS.7HKY
- Mapcode Global: FRA 08P0.JRK
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Gothers within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Gothers in the Domesday Book
A village in Tybesta hundred,
in the county of Cornwall.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Sheerwold of Gothers
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Sheerwold of Gothers (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; 3 shillings in 1086
- Households: 1 villager; 1 slave
- Pasture: 1⁄2 league
- Animals in 1086: 2 cattle