We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Girsby is a hamlet in Lincolnshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Burgh on Bain
- District/Borough: East Lindsey
- County: Lincolnshire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 53°22'0"N 0°10'31"W
- Eastings/Northings: 521496, 387109
- OS Grid: TF214871
- Mapcode Local: GBR WY6H.SS
- Mapcode Global: WHHJQ.8MNQ
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Girsby within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Girsby in the Domesday Book
A village in Wraggoe hundred,
in the county of Lincolnshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Almer
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Archbishop of York
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: William of Verly (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 2 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 in 1066; £3 in 1086
- Households: 8 villagers; 7 smallholders; 18 freemen
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 4 1⁄2 men's ploughs (4 1⁄2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 20 acres