We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Gelston is a hamlet in Lincolnshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Hough-on-the-Hill
- District/Borough: South Kesteven
- County: Lincolnshire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°59'48"N 0°38'23"W
- Eastings/Northings: 491383, 345237
- OS Grid: SK913452
- Mapcode Local: GBR DP5.11S
- Mapcode Global: WHGK3.4YK1
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Gelston within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Gelston in the Domesday Book
A village in Loveden hundred,
in the county of Lincolnshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Earl Ralph the constable
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count Alan
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Count Alan
- Taxable Value: 12 geld
- Households: 18 villagers; 6 smallholders; 2 freemen
- Plough Teams: 6 men's ploughs (16 plough lands)
- Meadow: 146 acres
- Woodland: 200 acres