We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Fritwell is a village in Oxfordshire
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Fritwell
- Parish/Community: Fritwell
- District/Borough: Cherwell
- County: Oxfordshire
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°57'39"N 1°14'20"W
- Eastings/Northings: 452384, 229434
- OS Grid: SP523294
- Mapcode Local: GBR 8WM.5JL
- Mapcode Global: VHCWP.GZT4
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Fritwell within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Fritwell in the Domesday Book
A village in Kirtlington hundred,
in the county of Oxfordshire.
Two manors recorded in Domesday.
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Earl William
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Reginald Cnut (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 10 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £7 in 1066; £6 in 1086
- Households: 8 villagers; 6 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 4 men's ploughs (8 plough lands)
- Meadow: 20 acres
Meadow: 12 acres
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Bishop Odo of Bayeux
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Reginald Wadard (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 6 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 in 1066; £3 in 1086
- Households: 4 villagers; 1 smallholder; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 1⁄2 men's ploughs (4 plough lands)