We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Frinsted is a hamlet in Kent
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Frinsted
- District/Borough: Maidstone
- County: Kent
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°17'0"N 0°42'37"E
- Eastings/Northings: 589121, 157321
- OS Grid: TQ891573
- Mapcode Local: GBR QSM.DGP
- Mapcode Global: VHKJS.8ZGW
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Frinsted within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Frinsted in the Domesday Book
A village in Eyhorne hundred,
in the county of Kent.
- Overlord in 1066: King Edward
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Earl Leofwin
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Bishop Odo of Bayeux
- Lords of the Manor in 1086: Hugh nephew of Herbert son of Ivo (subinfeudated); Aethelwold the chamberlain (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1066; £1 in 1070; £1 in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers
- Plough Teams: 7⁄8 men's plough (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 2 1⁄2 acres
- Woodland: 2 swine render
- Churches: 1