We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Freefolk is a village in Hampshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Laverstoke
- District/Borough: Basingstoke and Deane
- County: Hampshire
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°14'10"N 1°18'19"W
- Eastings/Northings: 448591, 148784
- OS Grid: SU485487
- Mapcode Local: GBR 83Y.DSC
- Mapcode Global: VHD0B.B675
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Freefolk within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Freefolk in the Domesday Book
A village in Evingar hundred,
in the county of Hampshire.
- Overlord in 1066: Bishop of Winchester St Peter & St Swithun
- Lords of the Manor in 1066: Thanes, two; Ednoth the constable; Bishop of Winchester St Peter & St Swithun
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Bishop of Winchester
- Lords of the Manor in 1086: Aelfric the priest (subinfeudated); Mauger (subinfeudated); William of Fécamp (subinfeudated); Ralph son of Seifrid (subinfeudated); Bishop of Winchester
- Taxable Value: 50 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £56 in 1066; £56 in 1070; £54 in 1086
- Households: 54 villagers; 82 smallholders; 33 slaves
- Plough Teams: 12 1⁄2 lord's ploughs; 34 1⁄2 men's ploughs (45 plough lands)
- Meadow: 26 acres
- Woodland: 40 swine render
- Churches: 1
- Mills: 5, value £4