We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Ford is a village in Devon
- Parish/Community: Chivelstone
- District/Borough: South Hams
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°15'8"N 3°42'4"W
- Eastings/Northings: 278803, 40540
- OS Grid: SX788405
- Mapcode Local: GBR QL.ZNSB
- Mapcode Global: FRA 384C.7V6
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Ford within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Ford in the Domesday Book
A village in Chillington hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Ottar
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Iudhael of Totnes
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Ralph of Pomeroy (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 1 smallholder
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 2 men's ploughs (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 4 acres
- Woodland: 15 acres
- Pasture: 6 acres