We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?Upload Photo
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Fleetwood within this administrative area. Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Gazetteer of the British Isles (Edinburgh: Bartholomew, 1887). John Bartholomew
Fleetwood, seaport town and watering-place with ry. sta., Poulton-le-Fylde par., N. Lancashire, at mouth of river Wyre, 18 miles NW. of Preston and 229 NW. of London, pop. 6733; P.O., T.O., 2 Banks, 1 newspaper. Fleetwood dates from 1836, and is now a considerable town, with a large trade. Royal mail steamers ply daily to and from Belfast, and there is regular communication with the Isle of Man. The harbour is safe and extensive; a new dock, with an area of 10 ac., was opened in 1877. (For shipping statistics, see Appendix.) Within the town is a fixed light 90 ft. above high water and seen 13 miles; and on the esplanade is a fixed light 30 ft. above high water and seen 9 miles. Fleetwood has barracks and a school of musketry.