We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Etchingwood is a hamlet in East Sussex
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Buxted
- District/Borough: Wealden
- County: East Sussex
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°58'49"N 0°8'41"E
- Eastings/Northings: 550663, 122296
- OS Grid: TQ506222
- Mapcode Local: GBR LQ7.FFK
- Mapcode Global: FRA C66J.67Z
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Etchingwood within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Etchingwood in the Domesday Book
A village in Edivestone hundred,
in the county of Sussex.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Brictwin
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Eu
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Osbern son of Geoffrey (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1066; 10 shillings in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 1 villager
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough
- Meadow: 2 acres