We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Ednaston is a village in Derbyshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Brailsford
- District/Borough: Derbyshire Dales
- County: Derbyshire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°58'13"N 1°38'43"W
- Eastings/Northings: 423903, 341519
- OS Grid: SK239415
- Mapcode Local: GBR 5BQ.QT5
- Mapcode Global: WHCFD.PLLL
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Ednaston within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Ednaston in the Domesday Book
A village in Appletree hundred,
in the county of Derbyshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Toki son of Auti
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Geoffrey Alselin
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Geoffrey Alselin
- Taxable Value: 3 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £4 in 1066; £1 15/- in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 2 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough (3 1⁄4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 2 acres
- Woodland: 1 1⁄2 leagues
- Churches: 0.5