We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Edingworth is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: East Brent
- District/Borough: Sedgemoor
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°16'30"N 2°55'21"W
- Eastings/Northings: 335729, 153289
- OS Grid: ST357532
- Mapcode Local: GBR J8.ZZFS
- Mapcode Global: VH7CZ.966V
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Edingworth within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Edingworth in the Domesday Book
A village in Bempstone hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Overlord in 1066: Abbey of Glastonbury St Mary
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Thane, one
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Abbey of Glastonbury
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Walter of Douai (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 4 villagers; 5 smallholders; 5 cottagers; 4 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 4 men's ploughs (5 plough lands)
- Animals in 1086: 15 cattle; 5 pigs; 1 cob