Eddington, West Berkshire
We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Eddington is a village in West Berkshire
Other current and historical names
- Edington Hidden and Newtown
- Parish/Community: Hungerford
- Unitary Authority: West Berkshire
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°25'15"N 1°30'28"W
- Eastings/Northings: 434320, 169217
- OS Grid: SU343692
- Mapcode Local: GBR 700.X6X
- Mapcode Global: VHC1S.TK73
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Eddington within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Eddington in the Domesday Book
A village in Kintbury hundred,
in the county of Berkshire.
- Overlord in 1066: King Edward
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Azur of Slindon
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: King William
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: King William
- Taxable Value: 10 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £6 in 1066; £5 in 1070; £3 10/- in 1086
- Households: 6 villagers; 2 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 2 men's ploughs (6 plough lands)
- Meadow: 34 acres
- Woodland: 10 swine render
- Mills: 1, value 15 shillings