East Burnham, Buckinghamshire
We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
East Burnham is a village in Buckinghamshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Burnham
- District/Borough: South Bucks
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°32'42"N 0°37'35"W
- Eastings/Northings: 495333, 183817
- OS Grid: SU953838
- Mapcode Local: GBR F7S.4DG
- Mapcode Global: VHFT2.3F29
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of East Burnham within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
East Burnham in the Domesday Book
A village in Burnham hundred,
in the county of Buckinghamshire.
- Overlords in 1066: Edric of Marlow; Saewulf brother of Siward
- Lords of the Manor in 1066: Wulfric; Thane, one
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Abbey of Westminster
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Abbey of Westminster
- Taxable Value: 8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £6 in 1066; £5 2/2½ in 1070; £5 2/2½ in 1086
- Households: 6 villagers; 1 smallholder
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 5 men's ploughs (6 plough lands)
- Meadow: 6 ploughs
- Woodland: 100 pigs