Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Dyke is a village in Lincolnshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Bourne
- District/Borough: South Kesteven
- County: Lincolnshire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°47'20"N 0°21'47"W
- Eastings/Northings: 510482, 322534
- OS Grid: TF104225
- Mapcode Local: GBR GVP.50R
- Mapcode Global: WHGLD.D594
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Dyke within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Dyke in the Domesday Book
A village in Aveland hundred,
in the county of Lincolnshire.
Two manors recorded in Domesday.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Earl Morcar
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Oger the Breton
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Oger the Breton
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Households: 2 villagers; 2 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1⁄2 men's plough (1 plough land)
- Meadow: 9 acres
- Woodland: 20 acres
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Leofric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Heppo the bowman
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Heppo the bowman
- Taxable Value: 3⁄8 geld