We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Dyche is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Stringston
- District/Borough: West Somerset
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°9'55"N 3°11'27"W
- Eastings/Northings: 316822, 141371
- OS Grid: ST168413
- Mapcode Local: GBR LX.6WZ2
- Mapcode Global: VH6GR.MYXX
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Dyche within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Dyche in the Domesday Book
A village in Cannington hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alwy son of Banna
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Alfred of 'Spain'
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Ranulf of Stringston (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1070; £1 in 1086
- Households: 4 villagers; 2 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 2 men's ploughs (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 8 acres
- Woodland: 35 acres
- Pasture: 30 acres