We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Dundon is a settlement in Somerset
- Parish/Community: Compton Dundon
- District/Borough: South Somerset
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°5'21"N 2°45'3"W
- Eastings/Northings: 347500, 132500
- OS Grid: ST475325
- Mapcode Local: GBR MJ.CLVQ
- Mapcode Global: FRA 5647.L2T
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Dundon within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Dundon in the Domesday Book
A village in Whitley hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Algar
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Abbey of Glastonbury
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Roger of Courseulles (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 5 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £6 in 1070; £5 in 1086
- Households: 5 villagers; 10 smallholders; 4 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 3 men's ploughs (4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 40 acres
- Woodland: 10 acres
- Animals in 1086: 9 pigs; 2 cobs