We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Drayford is a settlement in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Thelbridge
- District/Borough: Mid Devon
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°54'29"N 3°43'46"W
- Eastings/Northings: 278500, 113500
- OS Grid: SS785135
- Mapcode Local: GBR L5.R50J
- Mapcode Global: FRA 362P.WC3
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Drayford within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Drayford in the Domesday Book
A village in Witheridge hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Aelfrun
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Walter of Claville
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Walter of Claville
- Taxable Value: 3⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; 15 shillings in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 3 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 2 men's ploughs (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 4 acres
- Woodland: 2 furlongs
- Pasture: 12 acres
- Animals in 1086: 3 cattle