We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Draycott is a village in Somerset
- Parish/Community: Limington
- District/Borough: South Somerset
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°59'32"N 2°38'39"W
- Eastings/Northings: 354871, 121647
- OS Grid: ST548216
- Mapcode Local: GBR MN.KPWD
- Mapcode Global: FRA 56BH.CL4
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Draycott within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Draycott in the Domesday Book
A village in Stone hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Wulfwy
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: William of Courseulles (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 9 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 1⁄2 lord's ploughs; 1 1⁄2 men's ploughs (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 26 1⁄2 acres
- Woodland: 31 acres
- Pasture: 31 acres
- Mills: 1, value 15 shillings
- Animals in 1086: 11 pigs