We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Dodscott is a settlement in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: St. Giles in the Wood
- District/Borough: Torridge
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°57'23"N 4°4'22"W
- Eastings/Northings: 254500, 119500
- OS Grid: SS545195
- Mapcode Local: GBR KQ.N207
- Mapcode Global: FRA 26CL.11S
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Dodscott within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Dodscott in the Domesday Book
A village in Fremington hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Doda
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Gotshelm brother of Walter of Claville
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Walter of Burgundy (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 7/4¾ in 1070; 15 shillings in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 1 smallholder; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1⁄2 men's plough (1 1⁄2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 6 acres
- Pasture: 20 acres
- Animals in 1086: 20 cattle; 6 pigs