We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Discove is a settlement in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Bruton
- District/Borough: South Somerset
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°5'59"N 2°26'13"W
- Eastings/Northings: 369500, 133500
- OS Grid: ST695335
- Mapcode Local: GBR MY.BVTP
- Mapcode Global: FRA 56S6.VV8
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Discove within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Discove in the Domesday Book
A village in Bruton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Tovi the sheriff of Somerset
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Harding son of Alnoth
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Harding son of Alnoth
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 1⁄2 men's plough (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 8 acres
- Pasture: 3 furlongs
- Animals in 1086: 28 pigs; 1 cob