We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Deptford is a village in Wiltshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Steeple Langford
- Unitary Authority: Wiltshire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°8'44"N 1°58'47"W
- Eastings/Northings: 401500, 138500
- OS Grid: SU015385
- Mapcode Local: GBR 2XK.487
- Mapcode Global: VHB5F.MGNH
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Deptford within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Deptford in the Domesday Book
A village in Branchbury hundred,
in the county of Wiltshire.
- Lords of the Manor in 1066: Godwin; Osward
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Edward of Salisbury
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Ascelin (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 1 villager; 3 smallholders; 2 cottagers
- Meadow: 8 acres
- Pasture: 16 acres
- Mills: 1, value 10 shillings