We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Croyde is a village in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Croyde
- Parish/Community: Georgeham
- District/Borough: North Devon
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°7'50"N 4°13'27"W
- Eastings/Northings: 244465, 139181
- OS Grid: SS444391
- Mapcode Local: GBR KH.95P2
- Mapcode Global: VH3Q0.QVN2
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Croyde within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Croyde in the Domesday Book
A village in Braunton hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Overlord in 1066: Ordwulf of Tehidy
- Lords of the Manor in 1066: Ordwulf of Tehidy; Ordwulf of Tehidy's sister
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Erchenbald the Fleming (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £4 in 1070; £4 in 1086
- Households: 10 villagers; 9 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 3 lord's ploughs; 6 men's ploughs (10 plough lands)
- Meadow: 5 acres
- Animals in 1086: 11 cattle; 12 pigs