We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Coulston is a village in Wiltshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Coulston
- Unitary Authority: Wiltshire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°17'12"N 2°4'17"W
- Eastings/Northings: 395106, 154178
- OS Grid: ST951541
- Mapcode Local: GBR 2VP.C2M
- Mapcode Global: VHB4M.1XPH
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Coulston within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Coulston in the Domesday Book
A village in Whorwellsdown hundred,
in the county of Wiltshire.
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Brictric brother of Alwy
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Brictric brother of Alwy
- Taxable Value: 5 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £5 in 1086
- Households: 5 villagers; 3 smallholders; 6 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 2 men's ploughs (4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 30 acres
- Pasture: 5 furlongs
- Mills: 1, value 10 shillings