Coppenhall, Cheshire East
We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Coppenhall is a suburban area in Crewe, Cheshire East
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Crewe
- Parish/Community: Crewe
- Unitary Authority: Cheshire East
- Region: North West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Suburban Area
- Latitude/Longitude: 53°6'44"N 2°26'36"W
- Eastings/Northings: 370415, 357322
- OS Grid: SJ704573
- Mapcode Local: GBR 7X.7T64
- Mapcode Global: WH9B5.F1PD
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Coppenhall within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Coppenhall in the Domesday Book
A village in Warmundestrou hundred,
in the county of Cheshire.
- Lords of the Manor in 1066: Healfdene; Wulfheah
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William Malbank
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: William Malbank
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 3/12 in 1066; 12 shillings in 1086
- Households: 1 villager; 1 smallholder; 1 rider; 2 other households
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 3 acres
- Woodland: 1 league