We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Copnor is a suburban area in Portsmouth, Portsmouth
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Portsmouth
- Parish/Community: Portsmouth, unparished area
- Unitary Authority: Portsmouth
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Suburban Area
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°49'0"N 1°3'49"W
- Eastings/Northings: 466054, 102346
- OS Grid: SU660023
- Mapcode Local: GBR VWC.NY
- Mapcode Global: FRA 86NY.3DH
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Copnor within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Copnor in the Domesday Book
A village in Portsdown hundred,
in the county of Hampshire.
- Overlord in 1066: Earl Godwin
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Tovi
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Robert son of Gerald
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Heldred (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 3 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 in 1066; £1 10/- in 1070; £3 in 1086
- Households: 5 villagers; 2 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 2 men's ploughs (2 plough lands)
- Other resources: 1 salthouse