We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Conock is a hamlet in Wiltshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Chirton
- Unitary Authority: Wiltshire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°18'50"N 1°54'17"W
- Eastings/Northings: 406738, 157224
- OS Grid: SU067572
- Mapcode Local: GBR 3WV.K8L
- Mapcode Global: VHB4P.X7XG
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Conock within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Conock in the Domesday Book
A village in Studfold hundred,
in the county of Wiltshire.
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Abbey of Grestain (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 10 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £8 in 1070; £9 in 1086
- Households: 6 villagers; 9 smallholders; 3 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 2 men's ploughs (4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 20 acres
- Pasture: 1⁄2 mixed measure