We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Compton is a suburban area in Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Wolverhampton
- Parish/Community: Wolverhampton, unparished area
- Unitary Authority: Wolverhampton
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Suburban Area
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°35'13"N 2°10'33"W
- Eastings/Northings: 388169, 298817
- OS Grid: SO881988
- Mapcode Local: GBR 11K.T0
- Mapcode Global: WHBFY.K70K
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Compton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Compton in the Domesday Book
A village in Seisdon hundred,
in the county of Staffordshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: King Edward
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: King William
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: King William
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1066; £1 10/- in 1086
- Households: 4 villagers; 3 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 1 men's plough (2 plough lands)
- Woodland: 1⁄2 league