We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Combe is a hamlet in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Malborough
- District/Borough: South Hams
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°13'57"N 3°48'10"W
- Eastings/Northings: 271500, 38500
- OS Grid: SX715385
- Mapcode Local: GBR QG.7SWP
- Mapcode Global: FRA 28XD.XY7
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Combe within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Combe in the Domesday Book
A village in Chillington hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Iudhael of Totnes
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: William (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 6 villagers; 4 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 1⁄2 acre
- Woodland: 2 acres