We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Columbjohn is a hamlet in Devon
- Parish/Community: Huxham
- District/Borough: East Devon
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°47'8"N 3°29'1"W
- Eastings/Northings: 295500, 99500
- OS Grid: SX955995
- Mapcode Local: GBR LJ.ZTGH
- Mapcode Global: FRA 37L0.GMF
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Columbjohn within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Columbjohn in the Domesday Book
A village in Cliston hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Brictmer
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Fulcher the bowman
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Fulcher the bowman
- Taxable Value: 3⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 in 1070; £2 5/- in 1086
- Households: 4 villagers; 4 smallholders; 3 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 7 acres
- Woodland: 6 acres
- Pasture: 36 acres
- Mills: 1, value £1 5/-
- Animals in 1086: 10 cattle