We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Collaton is a settlement in Malborough, Devon
- Built-Up Area: Malborough
- Parish/Community: Malborough
- District/Borough: South Hams
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°14'29"N 3°48'12"W
- Eastings/Northings: 271500, 39500
- OS Grid: SX715395
- Mapcode Local: GBR QG.76PH
- Mapcode Global: FRA 28XD.B2C
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Collaton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Collaton in the Domesday Book
A village in Diptford hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Cola
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Iudhael of Totnes
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Thorgisl (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1070; 5 shillings in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 1 smallholder
- Plough Teams: 1⁄2 lord's plough; 1⁄2 men's plough (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 1⁄2 acre
- Woodland: 6 acres
- Pasture: 2 acres
- Animals in 1086: 3 cattle