We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Colebrook is a hamlet in Devon
- Parish/Community: Cullompton
- District/Borough: Mid Devon
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°50'44"N 3°24'41"W
- Eastings/Northings: 300712, 106074
- OS Grid: ST007060
- Mapcode Local: GBR LM.W1HL
- Mapcode Global: FRA 36RV.SSR
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Colebrook within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Colebrook in the Domesday Book
A village in Silverton hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Almer
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William the goat
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Manfred of Chubworthy (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 2 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1⁄2 men's plough (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 4 acres
- Animals in 1086: 7 cattle; 25 goats