Clotton, Cheshire West and Chester
We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Clotton is a village in Cheshire West and Chester
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Clotton Hoofield
- Unitary Authority: Cheshire West and Chester
- Region: North West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 53°10'24"N 2°42'35"W
- Eastings/Northings: 352656, 364284
- OS Grid: SJ526642
- Mapcode Local: GBR 7K.4295
- Mapcode Global: WH88J.BHWD
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Clotton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Clotton in the Domesday Book
A village in Rushton hundred,
in the county of Cheshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Stenulf of Sutton
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Ilbert of Roullours
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Ilbert of Roullours
- Taxable Value: 3 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 12 shillings in 1066; 12 shillings in 1086
- Households: 6 villagers; 2 smallholders; 4 riders
- Plough Teams: 5 men's ploughs (6 plough lands)