We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Churchill is a hamlet in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: East Down
- District/Borough: North Devon
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°8'56"N 4°0'37"W
- Eastings/Northings: 259485, 140768
- OS Grid: SS594407
- Mapcode Local: GBR KS.7ZVH
- Mapcode Global: VH4ML.FDR3
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Churchill within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Churchill in the Domesday Book
A village in Braunton hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Brictwold
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William of Falaise
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Norman (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 8 villagers; 4 smallholders; 5 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 4 men's ploughs (8 plough lands)
- Woodland: 40 acres
- Pasture: 1 league