We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Chulmleigh is a village in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Chulmleigh
- Parish/Community: Chulmleigh
- District/Borough: North Devon
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°54'45"N 3°52'8"W
- Eastings/Northings: 268701, 114238
- OS Grid: SS687142
- Mapcode Local: GBR KZ.QZL8
- Mapcode Global: FRA 26SP.GJC
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Chulmleigh within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Chulmleigh in the Domesday Book
A village in Witheridge hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Brictmer of Rillaton
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Baldwin the sheriff
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Baldwin the sheriff
- Taxable Value: 5 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £12 in 1070; £13 in 1086
- Households: 30 villagers; 20 smallholders; 20 slaves; 5 other households
- Plough Teams: 10 lord's ploughs; 20 men's ploughs (40 plough lands)
- Meadow: 30 acres
- Woodland: 40 acres
- Pasture: 1 league
- Animals in 1086: 60 cattle; 10 goats