We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Chisbury is a hamlet in Wiltshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Little Bedwyn
- Unitary Authority: Wiltshire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°23'41"N 1°36'11"W
- Eastings/Northings: 427709, 166281
- OS Grid: SU277662
- Mapcode Local: GBR 5YY.HHX
- Mapcode Global: VHC1Y.56BH
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Chisbury within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Chisbury in the Domesday Book
A village in Kinwardstone hundred,
in the county of Wiltshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Edric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Gilbert of Bretteville
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Gilbert of Bretteville
- Taxable Value: 5 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £8 in 1070; £12 in 1086
- Households: 12 villagers; 3 smallholders; 7 slaves; 14 other households
- Plough Teams: 4 lord's ploughs; 5 men's ploughs (9 plough lands)
- Meadow: 15 acres
- Woodland: 40 acres
- Pasture: 15 furlongs
- Mills: 2, value £1