We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Chichacott is a settlement in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Okehampton Hamlets
- District/Borough: West Devon
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°45'4"N 3°58'43"W
- Eastings/Northings: 260500, 96500
- OS Grid: SX605965
- Mapcode Local: GBR Q3.N3R2
- Mapcode Global: FRA 27K3.7Q3
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Chichacott within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Chichacott in the Domesday Book
A village in Lifton hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Brictmer of Rillaton
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Baldwin the sheriff
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Roger of Meulles (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 15 shillings in 1070; 15 shillings in 1086
- Households: 4 villagers; 1 smallholder; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1⁄4 men's plough (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 3 acres
- Woodland: 30 acres
- Pasture: 3 acres
- Animals in 1086: 13 cattle; 3 pigs; 2 oxen