We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Chettiscombe is a hamlet in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Tiverton
- District/Borough: Mid Devon
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°55'24"N 3°28'21"W
- Eastings/Northings: 296594, 114820
- OS Grid: SS965148
- Mapcode Local: GBR LJ.Q42W
- Mapcode Global: FRA 36MN.LY7
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Chettiscombe within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Chettiscombe in the Domesday Book
A village in Tiverton hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Wulfmer
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Baldwin the sheriff
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Ansger (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 6 villagers; 5 smallholders; 4 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 3 men's ploughs (6 plough lands)
- Meadow: 10 acres
- Woodland: 60 acres
- Pasture: 40 acres
- Mills: 1, value 2 shillings
- Animals in 1086: 6 cattle