We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Charlton is a village in Ashford (Spelthorne), Surrey
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Ashford (Spelthorne)
- Parish/Community: Spelthorne, unparished area
- District/Borough: Spelthorne
- County: Surrey
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°24'39"N 0°26'38"W
- Eastings/Northings: 508315, 169157
- OS Grid: TQ083691
- Mapcode Local: GBR 32.SWK
- Mapcode Global: VHFTR.8S4M
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Charlton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Charlton in the Domesday Book
A village in Spelthorne hundred,
in the county of Middlesex.
- Overlords in 1066: Archbishop Stigand; Earl Leofwin
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Brothers, two
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Roger of Rames
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Roger of Rames
- Taxable Value: 5 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £5 in 1066; £3 in 1070; £1 10/- in 1086
- Households: 1 villager; 1 smallholder; 6 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1⁄2 men's plough (4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 4 ploughs